The Buyer/Planner position is responsible to analyze sales numbers, monthly demand, and issue Purchase Orders to ensure appropriate inventory levels are kept. Assist in all purchasing and manufacturing tasks and will report to the Procurement Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following and other duties as assigned.
- Plan and manage production schedule for assigned items.
- Responsible for the analysis of sales order data with respect to capacity planning and material requirements.
- Responsible for the procurement of inventory to meet sales demand.
- Issue Purchase Orders for production material, packaging, components, raw materials, and finished goods.
- Work with multiple manufacturers to build finished product.
- Complete and manage work order builds for items assigned.
- Review all Purchase Requests and control purchase request process.
- Utilize current ERP system and demand planning to manage and implement forecast models.
- Report quarterly on vendor progress, cost reduction, on-time delivery, and payment concerns.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimal travel required.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
- Two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in supply chain, operations, finance, logistics, or business systems.
- Two years’ experience working with ERP (Microsoft D365 preferred).
- APICS certification a plus.
- Experience working in a nutritional/ dietary supplement, cosmetic, or food environment is preferred.
- Experience working in a GMP/cGMP environment a plus.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Understanding of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Must possess solid analytical skills in forecasting and anticipating production needs and capabilities.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations under stress.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting action items.
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple tasks.
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Process mapping and improvement skills
- Able to resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion and understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information.
- Ability to analyze information and records in order to identify potential problems or discrepancies.
- Must be detail oriented and pay close attention to accuracy.
The preceding statements describe the general job responsibilities and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of tasks and skills required of the job incumbent. This job description may be reevaluated and/or modified at any time without notice to the incumbent.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.